eye candy

eye candy & inspiration from the world of design and me to you
- which is just a euphemism for -
STUFF I LIKE, OK?

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Rob Ryan at YSP


Rob Ryan is a magician really, his work is absolutely incredible and charming. He creates unbelievably complex paper cuts, and his work has been used by big business including Elle magazine. Right now there is an exhibition of his work at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, this will be running until the 22nd february 2010. 

The day I saw Rob Ryan's exhibition at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, it was snowy and I think the car park was a bit treacherous, but this more practical concern just sort of faded into the background as what could be more magical than Ryan's whimsical romantic papercuts in such a gorgeous snow dusted landscape. It would have been a great experience whatever the weather, but I am so so glad I got the snow thrown in too. It was the cherry on the cake.  I have been a Rob Ryan admirer for a long time, and I will remain one for a long time to come.

Yorkshire Sculpture Park