eye candy

eye candy & inspiration from the world of design and me to you
- which is just a euphemism for -
STUFF I LIKE, OK?

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Nice Wednesdays



http://www.itsnicethat.com/events

I went to the first (of many, I hope) 'Nice Wednesdays' evening hosted by itsnicethat.com. It was interesting, inspirational and i(e)ntertaining. The talks were themed on hobbies and passions, there were 5 speakers, all with very different backgrounds and practices (not all graphics) but all of them had passions that; they had made into a career / creative network / was the voice of their work.
I got home and sat down, thought 'wow' and tried to pin down what my passion is, there are lots of things I like and love but true passion? (Im still filtering)
Having a passion and successfully monetising it... thats something a bit special.

Speakers:
Matthew & Chris Dent, founders of SWFC
Stevie Gee, illustrator
James Fairbank, head of brand and central marketing, Rapha
Sharadean Reid, founder of WAH Nails
Rob Ryan, artist
Martin O'Neill, graphic artist

Thanks itsnicethat, you made my week.