eye candy

eye candy & inspiration from the world of design and me to you
- which is just a euphemism for -
STUFF I LIKE, OK?

Friday 15 March 2013

Pinning it

I have been 'pinning it' for a few months now, and I am not usually an advocate for the latest social media trend, I do not need to let the world know what I am doing every second of the day, I do not think it is healthy or particularly interesting, having said this though I do like being able to speak to friends who live far away and share photos with people and share experiences, these aspects of social media are fantastic, it can be really empowering and a powerful tool for businesses also.

I think pinterest has fast become my favourite incarnation of social media, why? It is a bit of a funny one, I am not speaking to anyone on it,  or sharing anything about my day to day life; but it is like having an online scrapbook/ sketchbook/ point of reference for any project or interest, I am a very visual person, with pinterest if I see something like the look of I can pin to one of my boards for a rainy day, I can plan my 2013 fashion look, my fantasy wedding, dream home or the next patchwork quilt I want to make. It is a slice of escapism. I likes it. I don't even mind that other people can look at my boards (although I would be so embarrassed if my boyfriend saw my wedding board, its just a nice fantasy, honest!)